Tuesday, June 21, 2011

some of my "treasures"

 These are some of my cakes and cupcakes that i have done so far. I am a far cry from a professional, but hopefully one day i can get better, at all of what i do and make a full time business from it. untill then......ill do what i do best....EXPERIMENT!

 these pictures are of my first ever cake under the name "tildas treasures!" I was quite thrilled with how it turned out.    It is a white 6 inch double layer cake with vanilla butter cream frosting. The flowers are several kinds of flowers, they include violets.a single lilly,apple blossoms,and prim roses. The cake is covered in a basket weave design. 

these are my FAVORITE cupcakes! they are orange cake with cheesecake filling and frosting. Each cupcake has 3 edible flowers that are orange flavored. I did these cupcakes for a friends home extension party a few weeks ago. 

  This was my very first attempt at royal icing roses. For the most part I was pretty thrilled especially self teaching myself. I have been told by some that they have been doing them for quite a while and still cant get it right.........i will admit though, some of the green ones do look like cabbage :) 

these little guys were such a big hit at the Halloween parade we go to with my family every year. these bats are chocolate cupcakes with blue butter cream frosting. the eyes are skittles candy and the wings are made out of hardened chocolate. 






No comments:

Post a Comment